Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My first Week as a College Students


When I sign up for my summer class at UNO, I chose my favorite subject English because it involves my two favorite things: "Reading and Writing," I thought I was going to pass the class with flying colors but boy was I wrong.

When I first saw my teacher, I was petrified, the way she talk, and taught her class was intimidating nothing like the teacher I have in high school but in a way that was a good thing because then I wouldn't be able to slack off but what I didn't realize is that in college whether you have an easy or hard teacher you couldn't slack off because time was precious, so precious that it became your best friend.

There were also some good stuff about my class, we were reading president Barack Obama autobiography "Dreams from My Father." To tell you the truth it wasn't one of my favorite book because it wasn't like the books I usually read but like my mom always say "In life change is inevitable." In many ways the class was also a challenge for me because English isn't my first language so reading a book whose not in the easy reading section wouldn't come easy for me but I love a challenge when thrown at me. At least I think I do.

But I think this experience will help me in high school and for my upcoming college life in a year. It has given a new perspective on how to write or read, how to organize my time well and how to never lose focus. But once you grasp the ups and downs of college you will find it to be one of the best passage of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment